Thursday, April 4, 2013

Life without a direction

It would seem as though there's nothing I do which has direction. I've never been able to make decisions, declarations or commit to any single idea. I considered my idol blog a failure, but, maybe I'm the failure. The realization came from this blog, this blog which isn't really the final version of Yoroshicookie. I'm using blogger to write and entertain the idea of the blog title, but in about a month's time Yoroshicookie will be a fully hosted, uniquely developed blog hosted with Wordpress.

In recognizing that this is but a venture to test the waters, test the brand "yoroshicookie" and test my resolve as a writer; I also recognize that I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, nor do I really feel passionately about any one subject to commit to it fully. The problem about not coming to a subject fully is that you'll never acquire a reader base else wise. I'm not a celebrity  people don't care about my opinion 99% of the time with the only 1% coming by way of people which share similar interests. By not having a focus, I can't focus on that small percentage of people who read my writing.

Idoldome may not be as successful as WanderingWota was (not that I ever advertised or actively posted on ID), but, like WW.. ID focuses on a specific subject and because of that, it does bring me readers. I know at the very least I get 200-300 readers a post. So what is Yoroshicookie? Where would this name and brand go? More than likely nowhere. And honestly, I want to have a personal blog where I can write stuff that only I'd read... but, Yoroshicookie --is at least in my mind-- a serious blog meant to be of service to like  minded people who share my interests. 

Also, my dream will forever be running a successful multi-editor blog. I don't know anyone who shares my interests, yet alone someone who know's the basics of writing. /rant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment